Monday, June 18, 2007

Seven CDs! Seven!

I went a little crazy on Saturday at Amoeba Music.

Despite being born and raised in L.A., I'd never actually been to Amoeba before, and was shocked and delighted to find out they had a used Rock/Pop CD section as big as a square mile.

I ended up buying seven CDs! Seven!

God Bless the Blake Babies by The Blake Babies for $7.99
Brandi Carlisle by Brandi Carlisle for $8.99
In Colour by The Concretes for $7.99
Hate by The Delgados for $5.99
Traffic and Weather by Fountains of Wayne for $9.99
The Ladybug Transistor by The Ladybug Transistor for $7.99
If You Lived Here You'd Be Home Now by The Nields, $5.99

After sales tax, just under $60 for seven CDs! That's a lot of CDs!

The physical purchase vs. iTunes download debate has been settled... for now. After all, they didn't have The Eames Era, Nanang Tatang, or Annie Hayden. But hey, I can forgive that considering all the awesome relatively-obscure stuff they did have.

And, with the exception of Fountains of Wayne, I first heard about all the bands on Pandora.com. Go there! Set up a station! Support what they're doing! It's really important, you guys. And hey, even with all these new CDs, I'm always looking for more great stuff, so comment below if you have any recommendations.

Okay, enough blogging. I have lots of music to listen to...